Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Getting up to Date

So to bring everything up to date... over the past week I have been working on a few other pieces late at night after work and everyone else has gone to bed. I reprinted the helmet, and one thigh and shin piece to make sure I got the sizing all squared away (I was pretty sure I finally had it down but just wanted to be sure). the first piece i started to remake was the helmet. It took about 15 hours over the course of 4 nights of working on it, but eventually I got this.
 Okay, so I made the helmet, but last time I made it I couldn't fit it over my head...
IT FIT!!! I am very excited that it worked. Obviously after having made 7 pieces that didn't fit I was really starting to get discouraged. But this really helped to lift my spirits!

After that, I got to work on the left shin piece. I wasn't sure it was going to fit after all my previous sizing failures... but it was a perfect size as well!
Now I have two pieces that fit, only about 12 pieces to go... but, I doing good thus far and hopefully gotten a lot of my mistakes out of the way. On Monday night I started cutting out the pieces to my newly resized left thigh piece but I only got about 1/3rd of it cut out. I didn't do any work last night because getting toward the end of the month I was pretty tired from work, so I decided to take a rest day... However I should have the new left thigh finished by tomorrow night and hopefully I can snap a pic of the two leg pieces together.

No comments:

Post a Comment