Thursday, September 1, 2011

Last Night for August

Well, last night I tried working some more on my left thigh piece in hopes of finishing it up... however I got side tracked after I cut out all the pieces and I ended up working on my EOD shoulder piece as well. I got all the pieces cut out for both things and i started gluing together the shoulder and ignoring the thigh for tonight. I was up working on it till about 3am when I realized it was freaking late and I had to get to work in the morning so it isn't quite finished, but I would say I am about 60% done with assembly so it shouldn't take more than an hour to finish it out.
I am thinking I actually might only make the outer shell because the pep file designed it to be one solid piece, but obviously 1, it will be hard to seal it up completely and 2, I have no idea how in the world I would fiberglass it if I were to leave the middle hollow... plus i am trying to think about wearability (yeah, I am making up words now) and i might attach something like a knee pad to the inside of it anyway so it has some padding to it. But we will see when we come to that point.
In other news, I found out yesterday that I am going to be able to take off this Monday for Labor Day! So I may have to do some laboring and get some hard core work done on this suit over the weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment