Friday, September 2, 2011

Bit by Bit

Last night one of my wife's friends came over, so I got quite a bit of work done on stuff. I assembled the EOD shoulder I am wanting to add to the suit and had to figure out how i was going to attache the backing but still be able to insert fiberglass and other reinforcing agents. I ended up taking three of the back pieces and cutting them up so they held things together but still left openings.
(sorry for the poor quality, I take all the pics with my phone and this was in the garage so it wasn't very lit...)

Here is the finished outside look
It actually is pretty sturdy, but I want to be sure it has plenty of reinforcement if I decide to try and make a mold out of it.
After I finished that I got to work on my new thigh piece. It isn't much shorter than my last one, but that's what I needed (kinda pisses me off how little I was off on the size... but oh well). I also cut out some pieces to remake my hand pieces, and resized my forearm pieces so that they should fit once I get them built.

No comments:

Post a Comment