Thursday, January 19, 2012

After way too long of a break...


So, after about a month and a half of slacking off, I finally decided to get my ass in gear and force myself to start back up on working on my suit. Unfortunately, after I got myself all fired up I realized that I was out of glue…….. so I just did some cutting to get a jump start on tonight (as long as I don’t forget to grab glue on my way home from work) and get a bunch of pieces cut out. Half way through cutting out the boot my exacto knife broke… so I guess I need to get a new one of those as well. Sigh…..
I also realized last night that my helmet is going to have to be remade =( I was an idiot when I started the fiberglassing process and I didn't create a proper mixture. when i realized it was always going to be sticky I tried to sand it off but I ended up tearing it in a few spots and now it is pretty much ruined... which brings me to my next point. Don't make all the armor and leave the paper pieces sitting around without being hardened. they will warp, fold, and lose structural integrity and not look right anymore... Big lesson there...

No comments:

Post a Comment