Monday, January 30, 2012

Warp Speed Captain!!!

Okay, so I went completely crazy this weekend and pretty much did not sleep. I wanted to ensure I got a lot done and was unable, as always, to really do any work on it during the day so at night was when things went down. I finished off all three pieces of the Left Boot and it came out really well and I think the sizing is just about perfect to devour a pair of combat boots (or maybe something slightly more comfortable...)
After that, I probably should have gotten to work on one of the few remaining pieces to actually finish everything out, but instead I started work on me EOD Helm. While less recognizable than the Spartan Mark styles, I used this helmet in game play all the time, so I wanted to make sure I had it for the costume as well. After making my first helmet 3 times before having the right sizing, I was really worried as to whether or not this was going to fit so I kept trying it on after every new piece I put on... I probably would be done with it by now had I not been such a freak about it, but I hate wasting my time on something that is not going to work!
Eventually, I got way too tired to go on and realized that I needed to get to bed since I have work this morning. So this is about how far I have gotten for now. I think it should be the right size. It is a little snug getting on, but it is mildly roomy once it is on. I guess we will just see how it all goes!
The Front is pretty detailed, so far I am pleased with how things turned out with my build pattern, but we'll see if I still am once I get to the end of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment