Friday, February 3, 2012

Did you smell that...?

Okay, so last night I grew a pair and went for the casting rout instead of using fiberglass. I was pretty worried about pouring liquid into my paper helmet, even as I was doing it I found myself thinking "this is a mistake..." but in the end, it was totally badass.
One of the big advantages here was that I could work inside (and not in the freezing garage) because the smooth-cast has no smell! I would highly recommend though that you lay down a trash bag or something because it is liquid you are pouring into paper with cuts and creases in it, some will escape.

Here is a inside shot of the smooth-cast after it dried
and a zoomed in shot
It is white, so it was a little hard do see on the phone pic, but you get the idea.

Anyways, now I need a little more to finish the helm off, but I am out of smooth-cast and funds... all in good time friends... all in good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment